Nader Elhefnawy is the author of the novel Surviving the Spike.
Dr. Elhefnawy holds a Ph.D in Literature from the University of Miami, as well as a B.A. in International Relations from Florida International University, and has published widely on both literature and international affairs. His reviews and articles on speculative fiction have appeared in a number of forums, including Foundation, the New York Review of Science Fiction, and Strange Horizons, and he has recently published a collection of them, After the New Wave: Science Fiction Since 1980.
He also publishes a blog devoted to speculative fiction, Raritania.
- "Two Dooms" and the Memory of World War II in Alternate History
- Melrose Space to Marauder
- Of Alternate Nineteenth Centuries
- Racing Down the Information Superhighway
- Science Fiction and the Post-Cold War
- Seeker by Jack McDevitt
- The Golden Age of Science Fiction Television
- The Network Science Fiction Television Boom—and Bust
- The New Space Opera
- The Rise and Fall of the Military Techno-Thriller